Independent Speech and Language Therapy provided by Julie Andrews
Julie is able to offer Speech and Language Therapy for the following areas of difficulty:
1. Stammering / Stuttering
2. Speech sound disorders or delays
3. Voice problems – loss of voice or vocal quality in the absence of organic causes
4. Autism Spectrum disorders – atypical autism, Asperger’s Syndrome
5. Language delay or disorder
6. Dyslexia and related literacy difficulties
7. General communication difficulties arising from Down’s Syndrome and other congenital abnormalities.
Consultations are available in the following Counties: Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Birmingham and Northamptonshire.
Initial Consultation: Approx. 1 – 1.5 hours Includes:
- Taking a detailed case history of the client
- A screening assessment of speech, language and communication skills
- Written and/or verbal advice
Therapy Sessions, Reviews: Approx. 30 minutes – 1 hour
This may involve any one or a combination of:
- Verbal advice and demonstration of strategies needed to improve communication skills.
- Individual One-to-one speech and/or language therapy
- Advice to school staff / carers etc.
- Full assessment following the initial consultation
Special Educational Needs Assessment & Report
An in depth assessment of speech and/or language skills for the purpose of applying for a Statement of Educational Needs.
This may take up to four hours to complete and may involve seeing the client over two separate sessions in order to complete the assessment.
Sessions will be charged according to the cost of initial or additional consultations plus a travelling charge of 40p per mile except for the following postcodes;
LE16, LE17, LE9, CV21, CV22, CV23, NN6, NN7 where travel is not chargeable.
24 hours notice is required apart from in cases of exceptional circumstance e.g. accidents, hospitalisation.
A cancellation fee of £20 will be applied.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES, PLEASE USE THE ON-LINE ADVICE FORM.