Brain injury is defined as a loss of brain function caused by:
- an accident
- road accident
- sport or leisure pursuits
- work related accidents
- drinking too much alcohol
- overuse of prescribed drugs
- use of illegal drugs
- petrol and chemical sniffing
- rupture of a blood vessel in the brain
- blockage of blood supply to the brain
- brain tumours
- lack of oxygen
- near drowning
- severe asthma attack
- lack of blood flow to the brain
A brain injury can have very serious effects on the lives of people who suffer the injury and those who support and assist them.
How can SLT Online Help?
Julie Andrews, consultant speech and language therapist, offers assessments, therapy and training in the Leicestershire, Northamptonshire & Warwickshire areas.
To arrange an assessment with Julie please visit the appointments page. If you require any further information about the help Julie can provide for people with autism, please visit the contact page and complete the on-line form.