What is a brain injury?
Brain injury is defined as a loss of brain function caused by:
- an accident
- road accident
- sport or leisure pursuits
- work related accidents
- drinking too much alcohol
- overuse of prescribed drugs
- use of illegal drugs
- petrol and chemical sniffing
- rupture of a blood vessel in the brain
- blockage of blood supply to the brain
- brain tumours
- lack of oxygen
- near drowning
- severe asthma attack
- lack of blood flow to the brain
A brain injury can have very serious effects on the lives of people who suffer the injury and those who support and assist them.
How can SLT Online Help?
As a highly qualified speech and language therapist, Julie Andrews is available to offer help and advice to anyone who have suffered a brain injury. Working across the regions of Leicestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and Market Harborough, Julie has an extensive range of expertise in all areas of speech and language therapy.
To arrange a consultation or assessment with Julie please visit the appointments page.